Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fuzzy Bunnies!!

Today Velaney (and Logan) had five little baby bunnies. Two are little pinkies so they will most likely end up being white once their hair comes in, the other three and grey like their parents.  I was able to snap a picture of the babies with my cell phone but Velaney really didn't like me being near the box so soon after she had them. So I couldn't get any additional pictures with my digital camera because I didn't want to stress her out. So far she's being a good mommy, she pulled hair to make the nest and covered them over well for protection and warmth.

Charleigh is being absolutely crazy, I haven't bred her but she darn near ripped all the fur out of Logan's behind when I put him in the cage with her. I suppose that it is possible that she could have been bred before I purchased her and if that is the case then I could be expecting babies any day but I really doubt it. I think it's just a false pregnancy. I'll watch her until the first weekend in June just to be sure and I gave her a nest box to mess with. I'm curious to see what she does with it. I am a bit agitated with her as my husband made a hutch for her with a plastic mesh bottom instead of a wire bottom and Charleigh ate it. I told my husband you can't use that on rabbit hutches but he did it anyway... I guess some people have to learn by experience, even if it is costly.

I started visiting this new forum for gardening http://forums.organicgardening.com/eve/forums . I have found the members to be very friendly and they have a section called "New Gardeners" just for us more inexperienced people to ask questions. Believe it or not the members actually answer you without the addition of smart ass commentary intended to make you feel stupid for not knowing the answer. I'd recommend this forum to both experienced and inexperienced gardeners of EVERY planting zone!!! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harvest Time

Harvest Time