Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rain? No Thank You ... Return To Sender

It's Wednesday, the middle of the second week since my children returned to school. I had such big plans for my garden bed renovation. I just knew it would be easier to get things done once the kids had returned to school and stopped fighting amongst themselves. I had all these ideas I wanted to try , beds I wanted to move, trees I wanted to transplant and what do you think happened .... Rain! Not a constant rain, but rain in the morning , rain in the afternoon and rain in the evening. You just can't get out there and get started when the weather man is telling you in another 30 minutes or so your going to have to pack it in because another fast moving storm in barreling in your direction carrying thunder and lightning and sporting a bad attitude.

There doesn't seem to be any end to this infernal rain so I'm going to start researching different ways to trellis peas and beans. As well as new vegetable possibilities for next years garden. I think this year I may order some more interesting seeds out of a catalog and see how I do with them.  So far there wasn't really anything that did not grow. It didn't always grow large or maybe wasn't as easy to grow as I expected but the rabbits have never let me down and have always produced more than enough fertilizer to keep my sprouts growing strong.

If you come across any good sites for garden designs please post a link here. I have been looking for sites that are visited frequently by people of similar interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harvest Time

Harvest Time